This replacement elementary school was the first in a series of projects as a result of community support in passing a bond issue. Respecting the tradition of the original beloved 1927 building, a similar brick and stone exterior was used and an original limestone carving from the old school was preserved and placed above the entrance. The new school’s windows are the same proportions, divisions and color as the original historic building. The new two-story 70,000 SF school features a main lobby surrounded by an open staircase. The lobby floor is a terrazzo composition depicting a rushing river full of colorful fish and turtles that swim from the front door to the gymnasium/cafetorium. A nautical theme is carried throughout the building, with blue and green carpeting and occasional round “porthole” windows in entry doors.