Curriculum needs and student growth were quickly outgrowing the original 1928 Fordson High School. The resulting 53,636 SF two-story addition includes 13 classrooms, a new kitchen and cafeteria. Extensive renovations to the existing kitchen and cafeteria allowed for a much-needed auxiliary gymnasium and new teacher workroom. The addition makes a strong visual statement to the community without competing with the landmark original structure. The design reflects the style and character of the original school, but does not duplicate it. Various types of stone and granite were selected to provide a seamless transition from the old to the new.