Position: Marketing Coordinator / Proposal Writer
Report To: Director of Communications
Function: Involvement in daily activities of the Marketing Department related to proposals, interviews, communications, public relations, social media, website maintenance and research. Coordinate tasks with full Marketing team including Director of Communications, Business Development Manager and Graphic Designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in marketing (architectural/engineering field desirable).
- Excellent writing skills.
- Experience with website maintenance and social media platforms i.e. Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, instagram.
- Independent worker. Energetic, a doer.
- Desire to produce accurate, detailed work.
- Ability to think with creativity and vision.
- Strong communicator; articulate and comfortable communicating with all levels of clients, consultants and staff.
- A team player, in charge of some assignments, support role in others.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including InDesign (Adobe Creative Suite) and PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel (Microsoft Office Suite) and Deltek Vision.
- Research, writing, and editing of marketing resource materials, project descriptions, resumes, experience, boilerplate, etc. and PR-related materials including press releases, technical articles, newsletters, award submissions, etc.
- Assist in the production of tailored responses to RFP’s, brochures, leaving pieces, government/municipal submittals, etc.
- Coordinate the upkeep of project and employee information in TMP’s database system (Deltek Vision).
- Strategize and implement the company online presence, including website updates, messaging opportunities, and social media platforms.
- Responsible for supporting presentations/interview activities with technical team members and consultants.
- Coordinate and implement public relations activities for firm.
- Prepare press releases for promotions, projects, etc.
- Maintain press distribution lists.
- Develop relationships with editors and newspaper writers to try to gain exposure for TMP in local news and trade publications (online and hard copy).
- Assist in coordinating internal PR efforts for TMP office.
- Assist in coordination of special events with clients and/or staff.
- Conduct market research regarding target markets, clients, and prospective projects to uncover potential leads for future work.
- Additional duties associated with Marketing and Public Relations functions of the firm as directed by Director of Communications.